If all you know about me was that one of my favorite stores is Hobby Lobby and one of my favorite websites to browse is Etsy, you might think I was a pretty crafty woman…. FALSE.
As much as I love to look at homemade art, furniture, decor, etc I suck at actually making anything. But when it comes to putting together elements of our wedding I really want to try and break my streak of being craft-challenged. Thanks to a million wedding magazines and blogs I have come up with a list of DIY projects for our wedding I am pretty sure I can do. (With some help here and there.)
1. Our Love Story Chalkboard Time-line: I am obsessed with this thing. I love the idea of paying homage to all the important dates throughout our 10 year history. Plus, what is more fun than a chalkboard in a pretty frame?
2. Photo Display - Our venue has a really gorgeous 100 year old clothesline that I knew would be perfect for a photo display. It will have to be lightweight so I am planning on making something along the lines of this:
3. Thank You Cards – I know images like these have floated all over Pinterest and I love them! We have friends and family coming from all over the country to celebrate with us and I want them to know how lucky we feel to have them there.
4. Fan Programs - This was an easy decision. Since our wedding is going to be outside in the hot Texas sun, the least we can do is give our guests a little help in staying cool.
5. Custom Water Bottles - On the same note of keeping our guests as cool as possible, we will be giving every guest a water bottle as they arrive at our ceremony.
6. Mail Box for Guest Book - Since I am planning on having a post card guest book (more on that later) I want to create a cute mailbox for our guests to deposit their finished post cards in. I haven’t chosen a design for it yet, but I LOVE this one:
Are you a craft-challenged girl? Are you braving the D.I.Y waters or have you screamed for a crafting lifeguard?